SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
If you need help or if you can help click the link below to access our simple mobilization tool.
MARCH 25 UPDATE
As we continue to adjust to ever-changing realities, we want you to know we are with you and praying for you. The governor of Washington has mandated a statewide “stay home, stay healthy” order encouraging all of us to remain in our homes as much as possible. In this time, we want to continue to foster your health physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- It is never easy to ask for help, but in this time, we need each other more than ever. Please utilize our help tool if you need someone to pickup groceries, if you would like prayer, or if you simply need someone to talk to. You can access it here: https://bethanycovenant.church/help
- In seeking to do our part in keeping our team and our wider community healthy, we have moved all of our meetings to an online format utilizing Zoom. We are hoping this will be another tool for us to facilitate community when we can’t meet in person.
- We are grateful that so many of you have expressed that our daily prayer and devotions have created a space for meaningful connection. Perhaps set an alarm on your phone everyday for 9:50am to both remind you of our gatherings as well as to give you time to prepare by grabbing your Bible, a pen and paper, and finding a comfortable space to settle in.
- In light of the recent staying home order, our Living Room Liturgies will take a slightly altered format for at least the next few weeks. We will still gather together virtually on Sunday mornings at 10AM but we will be connecting from our living rooms to yours. While these services will be prerecorded, the Facebook Live experience will remain the same. We will still be able to comment and interact with one another just as we have been these past two weeks.
- Keeping active and going for walks is a great way to care for our emotional and physical needs in this time. For those that are able, we want to encourage you to take Prayer Walks around your neighborhood, spending time praying for our community, paying attention to where you saw God today, and just breathing in deeply.
Right now, one of the greatest ways we can love our neighbor is by staying home. Admittedly this feels counterintuitive but we all need to do our part in slowing the spread of this virus. We are with you and we love you.
For God’s glory & neighbor’s good,
MARCH 18 UPDATE
Now more than ever, may grace and peace be with you. As updates on the current crisis seem to come hour-by-hour, we will do our best to keep you informed and up to date on how we are responding as a church and a community.
- Our building is closed until further notice. You are still able to call our main office (360) 424-9399 and calls will be redirected remotely.
- Access to all of our online gatherings, updates, and information is available at http://bethanycov.church/online This includes:
- Our simple mobilization tool: http://bethanycov.church/help In partnership with Children of the Valley, this is now also available in Spanish.
- A link to online giving.
- Links to our living room liturgies.
- Links to our daily prayers and devotions.
- Our most recent updates on how we are handling the current crisis.
- These pages will be updated regularly to keep you as connected and informed as possible.
- Based on current information, we will not have in-person gatherings for Easter or baptisms.
- We have had to postpone the installation service for our sisters and brothers from Crossroads Español which are now Bethany Español. We are working through creative ways to include Pastor Max & Pastor Sara in our online gatherings without risking further exposure.
We are praying with you. We love you.
For God’s glory & neighbor’s good,
MARCH 13 UPDATE
- Following the guidance of Washington State Governor Jay Inslee this afternoon, all Skagit County public schools will be closed beginning next Tuesday, March 17 through at least April 24, 2020. The reasons for this recommendation:
– The state’s confirmed cases of COVID-19 continue to expand
– Schools have a significant number of staff members and students who fall within the high-risk categories
- To help slow the spread of the virus, we are suspending all in-person church activities until further notice.
- Our Sunday morning worship will be moving to an online experience. We will be combining our services to Living Room Liturgies that will be hosted on Facebook Live on Sundays at 10am.
- We will also host Daily Devotionals & Prayers everyday on Facebook Live at 10am. These will begin on Tuesday, March 17.
- Currently, all of these Facebook Live videos can be accessed on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bethanycov.church/
We are working on creative solutions if you need help navigating how to access this content.
- In the season ahead, we are committed to working creatively to foster community and to serve our community. Much of this communication will be taking place in digital spaces. If we do not have it already, please let us know your email so we can remain connected and committed to the mission of God together.